These are 9 steps that I came up with to be proactive in my struggle with anger.
1. Jesus is the unseen guest in my home, and I CAN hold my temper at home just as well as I do in public.
2. When I yell, it affects who my children are, and how they view themselves.
3. People are more important than things. It is better to be late, than to verbally damage my kids and be on time.
4. Use the power in my words instead of the power in my voice. Seek to influence rather than intimidate.
5. Plan ahead of time, so that time deadlines for being out the door are not as stressful (turn off tv earlier)
6. Go to my children (step 2) to make a 2nd request.
7. When I feel my blood pressure rising, take a deep breath and calm myself down.
8. Re-examine my agenda to see what can be changed so that everyone’s needs (including my own) are better met.
9. Focus on ONE thing at a time, instead of thinking of ALL that needs done.
No comments:
Post a Comment