Sunday, August 31, 2008

Busy getting ready for surgery

4 days 'til surgery! It's hard to believe it's coming up so quickly. I'm ready for it to be over, and not have this heavy mass in my uterus. At the same time, it's a finality to my fertility. However, in some ways i reconciled a long time ago that i was not made as a fertile person, and am very blessed to have the two that i do. If for some reason they decide to take my ovaries during surgery, i think that i will have a much harder time dealing with that.

so, i am a bit nervous about what it will be like to be recovering afterwards. I'm writing out some verses on a spiral index card to take with me so that i can read them at the hospital. i'm taking sudoku, and some love inspired novels, lol. The one movie that i should swear to myself i will not watch after my surgery are any of the "love comes softly" series. oh my goodness. talk about being a wretchedly emotional mess while watching those movies. my absolute fav movie of all time is While you were sleeping. i could watch that movie any time. i need to send hubby out movie hunting for me, or have him run to the video store and rent it for a week.

Thankfully my mom is coming for 2 weeks. It has been about 4 years since she was here to see us, so it will be nice to have her. I am trying to view this recovery time as a forced vacation, lol. I'm allowed to be lazy. honestly, i probably do more for my kids than i need to. I'm trying to work on that, and shift to them being more independent. this certainly will help, don't ya think?!

so, i am currently in crazy-mode, trying to prep the house, and thinking ahead to what i can do to make it easier on my family while i am caputz. I worry about ds's allergies, so i am trying to prepare for that the best i can. The school has done great and been very understanding and cooperative. I feel like we're on the same page. I must work with ds to be more vocal though about when he is having an allergic reaction. My hubby called while i was at a school open house, and said that ds's mouth was hurting, and what should he do. he didn't see anything wrong inside his mouth, and he'd tried a cough drop and water and it wasn't helping. I could hear his pitiful cry in the background :( i was like "GIVE HIM BENADRYL" and of course i raced home to make sure he was alright (and he was fine by the time i got home...thank you God for benadryl! so, i am working with ds on a script: "my mouth HURTS. i need BENADRYL...right now!" repeat above phrase until the adult with you complies, lol.okay, i'm off to bed now. toodles :-)

No comments: