Monday, March 5, 2012

Darkness and silence

"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever
state I may be in, therein to be content." ~Helen Keller

To only attain this level of contentment...

Going through a dark valley with much sickness in our family. Silence can be mistaken for God's lack of interest. Lord, help me to find wonder in your presence, for you have said that you will never leave me or forsake me, but that in your presence is fullness of joy.

2 comments:

CMB said...

This was in my daily reading earlier and came to mind as I read your post... (Parentheses are my notes)

Ps 3:3 But You, O LORD, are a shield about me (protection),
My glory (dictionary.com - *3. state of absolute happiness*), and the One who lifts my head (sustainer, strength).

Me said...

That's beautiful! Thanks for sharing...I am writing that down to keep close at hand. :)