Sunday, March 4, 2012

Happy Places























"Go to your happy place" you've often joked. But seriously...what is YOUR happy place?

One of my favorite places that I love to go in our home is the sitting room that holds my book shelf with some of my favorite books. It's warm and cozy, and inviting. Sometimes the couch is missing the cushions because one of my kids has crashed beside my bed. I have my favorite well-loved, incredibly faded and beat-up chair in this room. It was simply a goodwill find, but when i got it, it had so much meaning to me because it was MY chair...my one special spot that I could go to for some quiet. That chair is no longer in my bedroom and it's in a main thoroughfare, so I now have another one in our bedroom. There's something to be said about having a place of sanctuary. For me it has taken effort to do something nice for myself when i am so busy doing for others. Taking time to slow down, to read, to pray, to journal my gratitude, or to simply remember to breathe. It's an important piece for everyone. :)

No comments: